Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A day indeed

Today has been a pretty weird day. Well, I came to work with an unexpected Telco report thanks to TM and Maxis' announcement last night. The announcement was mainly a pact between these two telcos on TM providing last mile access for HSBB to Maxis. Hence, Maxis is coming out with something similar to TM's triple play-UniFi. The clause of the agreement I believe suggests that Maxis is expected to add more value as compared to TM's UniFi thus, no direct competition.

This is positive for TM cause it will boost earnings from Wholesale business as it is also servicing YTL's YES!. Having said that, TM will not have a monopoly on the HSBB market going forward. This is positive for the sector but we may see some canibalisation of UniFi. UniFi is at an advantage thanks to its affordable pricing but slow rollout. Maxis, may capitalize on its sister company Astro and will probably gain more interests amongst customers.

Ok. After allll that, I continues my house-hunting project. It really aint easy I tell you. First of all, they ended up asking me, "bumi' or "non-bumi"? that irritates the hell out of me. Well, I dont believe in that. A Malaysian is a Malaysian. Period. What Bumi? Ish. So yea. And then, it got intense. I told mommy about my plans and, "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!" i got shot!!

From left, right, back front top bottom u name it. She mustve covered all angles of which I always managed to have an answer in return. Then, her reply would sound "Yea, you're the smart one right? You're the analyst" Ouch! I am sure that was sarcasm. Even Stevie Wonder could see that I'm the least smart in the family. Oh well.

I am turning 27 you know. i NEED a sense of accomplishment. And ownership. As of now, I have nothing. Except for my car. So yea, It was emotional. I cried and cried and practically sobbed my conversation over with mom. It was hard. She didnt understand why I needed to get a house. Not solely for moving out. Just so I could feel something. Like I have and own something. Thats it. It aint easy. I am turning 27 in a month and 10 days time. My love life aint going anywhere. Not that Im looking. Its just that I need to buy a house. Period. I am not even expecting them to get me one. Oh page, I hope you get where im coming from right?

So, guess what the temporary comclusion is? I was told to buy my dad's condo. My bachelor pad. One that I couldnt afford seriously. I dont know. I feel lost. Ive never been more confused in my life right now. I need Allah to give me the strength in deciding. This is a commitment. I know.

And then, I was summoned to have lunch with Datuk Tony Tiah along with Li Hsia and Patricia. It was also unexpected. Boss told us at like 9am? It was pleasant. Of course I was nervous as hell. I had "Oh crap! Was i caught facebooking during ofc hours?" "what did i do?" "shoot shoot shoot". Apparently Datuk just wanted to tap our minds on plans for the company. What do we see ourselves in for the future? More like strategy planning. Phew. What a relief. But it was really nice.

Anyway, who knows whats gonna happen later today huh? We have another 8 hours till the day ends. Emotionally, I dont thin kI can handle anymore. Enough as it is. Im dry. Im tired. Lets hope for a better half a day today.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment