Monday, November 22, 2010

End of 2010...


This year felt really short, MasyaAllah and 2010 is nearing its end in almost a month time. As I get older, I tend to do a lot of self-reflection and get all-emotional. Not that I'm such an ungrateful person but like many others, I do have goals that I have set probably years ago and those goals-well, what can I say, they remain as goals.



 Let me recap of events of this year. I started the year on AirAsia plane, LON-KUL. We practically celebrated New Year's inflight. That was the sum of my Christmas trip to Europe with my HELP friends, Natasha & Amalia (Tash & Ams), my colleagues, Ikmal & brother, Patricia & Luke. The seven of us bought the tix for RM1500 on MAS return. No joke. It was fun as I get to meet up with Chantelle, my Scottish friend, and got her a spanking new BF :)
I came back early despite having a return ticket already..mainly due to my dear friend's wedding I could not miss, that would be Ihsan Anwar and Syaheeda. The loveliest couple-ever.

Post-europe, I was sent to Shanghai for work with a broken-heart. Yes. I loved Shanghai but I was depressed beyond means. It was a short trip and I came back with clear intentions of coming back, again, someday....

....



 Then, the next quarter of the year was spent on work trips to Indonesia. Went to Jakarta for work twice, for leisure twice, went to Medan twice, Bali once. Hmmm.... that was a lllooottt of Indonesia in the span of 4 months. And yes, I joked about wanting to date an Indonesian man.How did that turn out? Hmmmm... not so well.. Someone much too old that puts me to sleep or made me speechless... For a generally friendly and talkative person.. this particular guy made me uncomfortably quiet... when we're talking that is.. So I... did what I usually do.. "Shut the book hard-put it in box, lock it and throw away the key.." or in simpler words.. went silently into the night.. eh..something like that la...

 Then there was Ramadhan. Alhamdulillah I had another round of fulfilling Ramadhan. It was challenging of course. It was the reporting season and since I have like 17 stocks to cover, with telecons etc was really trying. However, I managed to divide my time as an analyst, daughter, and a Muslim.

Eid was alright. We went back to Melaka and this time around with Sofea Alesya. The cutest thing alive! Sofea is my dearest brother's daughter with Mona, my sister-in-law. She is such a joy that I couldnt help but wonder what its like to have my own. For the record, I'd like 7 kids. Yup seven. However, I am 26-turning-27. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that I dont have the capacity-in terms of time. Hahhaha ambitious I know...



We had an open house back in KL. We had some clients and friends over for lamb..laksa..kuey teow or some other stuff... And then it rained..yada yada...but it was good.. glad most of my friends made it to my house that day...

And now... end of November.. I may be heading out to China early December.. well.. its up to my boss really.. He kinda rejected my leave for that trip.. Since we have strategy report etc to prepare.. I bought the tickets a month ago without checking with him... But Im still crossing my fingers though.. That would be next weekend.. Sigh... It didnt really matter for now whether I went or not.. Cause if I go, I'd miss my dear friend's wedding... whats up with me and travelling-friend's wedding anyway? Oh the freaky part... this friend is the sister of my friend who got married last year (Europetrip)..hahahha... Nuha & Khairul... hmmm... I'll let Allah decide whats best for me.

Currently, I am patiently waiting for QL Resources and Cocoaland Holdings to announe their quarterly results. I'll be working late tonight. And everyday this week. It will all be worth it one day InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment