Monday, November 22, 2010

My Baby

I'm a Financial Analyst. Am I happy to be one? Hmmm... I start work at 7 daily... and I normally leave -on average 8ish.. well, since our dearest boss has given us the mandate to leave at 5 IF we have no announcement then its 5. But with our job, you'll NEVER know when you have work to do. So, even if I'm out, I'm gonna have to refresh Bursa website like every 15mins hoping to see no announcements on my stocks. Or if any, nothing material. Hehehhehe... Well, I dont quite like working from home.. Problem is, overprotective daddy would get too paranoid about me staying in the ofc till wee hours.. AND he'll end up calling me like 359times until I give up and decide to just WORK-from-home. Sigh

Oh well, yes, he's worried. Crime cases in KL doesnt help, clearly with the mat rempits and drunk drivers etc. I dont hate my job. I used to LOVE it. But, sometimes, I get tired. I dont think it has anything to do with the job per se. Just, my inability to sleep at night. I am so used to doing a lot of thinking, before I sleep. Sometimes its about work, sometimes life... So yea, sleep is the "thing" so alien to me but I crave it everyday... Sometimes flu-meds help but most of the time, I just rely on hmmm... silence and darkness. I cant sleep with the slightest noise, or the tiniest bit of light. Sigh

Oh and did I mention? The fact that I'm a female Analyst that makes me cursed. Statistics are against us basically. About 90% of female analysts in Malaysia (sell-side) are single - or if in a relationship it'll somehow wont ever work out- if married are divorced/separated. There are only a few female analysts who are happily married. So, its either female analysts are too career-driven to bother make a relationship work, or, men they date are...hmmm... no name-calling. Not that it matters to me now anyway. I have stopped bothering about petty stuff like relationships... I mean, seriously? I dont have the time! I dont have the time or energy to focus my attention to someone and something that may not even work out anyway. And the process is basically the same. In 2010, I learned something. No time-wasting. No heartaches. Spend. Spend. Spend. :D 

I turned cold I guess. I used to be those.."awww i miss you sayang"..but memang tak la weyy... Sappy cheesy stuff aint ma thang.. Yes, I enjoy chasing..not so much being chased...oh yea, I RUN as fast as I could when Im being chased. I like The Chase. Me, I do the chasing. And yes, sometimes, the butterflies and those little short conversations or gestures put a smile on my face.. And yes, sometimes I get happy.. But I learned. I learned to figure out when to turn away. And, I will always have the excuse of, "I'm busy lah!..My job requires me to be on my toes at all time.. I dont have time to reply your texts or to call you back.." Seriously, that is SOOO not true. Hahahhaha THE PHONE has to be with me and on me at all time in case daddy calls. Daddy doesnt respond to me not answring the phone very well. He gets pissed and angry and upset and hmmm... u can imagine. He'll get paranoid that something happened to me. 
YTD share movement (shareinvestor.com.my)

Oh see? I'm babbling. Yes. I'd like to talk about my favourite stock - QL Resources Berhad (Bloomberg ticker QLG:MK). I mean seriously, I initiated coverage on QL Resources like.. Novemebr 2008, 6 months after I turned into an Analyst..(heheh "turned"...so I sound vampiry hahah). Back then the price was about..RM2.00? I tell you, its BRILLIANT. Today, th stock is at RM5.85 thats like 3x more than it was. 

QL is involved in the food business, or so. It has three main business operations, i)Marine products manufacturing, ii)Integrated Livestock, iii)Palm Oil Activities. So we are talking about an Integrated Business Model here. Some may take some time to digest QL's business model but its actually very simple. The MD, Dr Chia, says its based on a Fisherman's Village like that la. One goes to sea, catch some fish, goes back, sells the good fish, the not soo good ones you make into fishballs, and the waste are fed to the chicken, chicken lay eggs yada yada yada.. Impressive huh?

QL just announced their 1HFY11 results today. Thats because financial year ends in march. Superb results. As always. Love the stock. And always will. Management are so transparent. You can call them ANYtime, anyday. 

So today, I have raised my target price (TP) for QL to RM7.00 from RM5.72 previously. This is based on Sum-of parts. Still a BUY. 

Oh ohh.. I am sooo proud of myself today :D I made an Adult decision. Hmmmm. Its about time. Daddy's been nagging at me last week for almost everyday. Yes I cried. That was probably my hormones but it didnt make any sense back then. Daddy kept on saying on how disappointed he was at me. And how much I have troubled him and Mom. I was sad, cause I knew that I was never an easy child growing up. I was a difficult, stubborn, I was a trouble-maker, basically the totally opposite of my dearest brother Amir. Abang is fantastic at everything. I'm not saying I'm not, jsut that, I think he kinda set the bar a wee bit too high. Hehehhe... So back to Daddy.. And today, AirAsia was selling flights to Paris for RM1500return (all-in).. I was 3seconds away from purchasing the ticket and I stopped myself. Took a breather and walked away. Literally walked away from the pc la. I realized, I cant be this irresposible can i? This is getting way out of hand. I am turning 27 in 2 months time. OMGGGGG 2 freaking months. I havent even bought a house yet. And all i can think of in this brain of mine is travel travel travel. Ish ish ish...

So yea...I did it. I managed to control myself. "Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself". So I will reward myself with a new bag. This Peek-a-boo by Fendi...ohh la la..kidding. 

K la..nak gers...

No comments:

Post a Comment